- Apples: apples help to burn fat. They contain a high percentage of the soluble fibre called pectin. Eating an apple before a meal helps to burn fat. Other fruits which help to burn fat are grapes pineapples and strawberries. Even oranges have fat burning properties. Besides being able to burn fat, oranges also provide high levels of energy.
- Green leafy vegetables, onions and tomatoes are also foods that help to burn fat. All fibrous vegetables help in burn fat.
- Grapefruit is another fat burning food. It also has the ability to flush out your system and clean out all the unwanted toxins. Grapefruit also lowers the PH level (because of the toxins being removed). The reduced PH levels encourage the body to release unwanted fats.
- Herbs: when it comes to foods which burn fat, herbs happen to be one of the main foods which helps in the fat burning process of the body. Herbs don’t directly remove or burn fat, but they speed up the fat-burning metabolism dramatically. One of the best fat-burning herbs is ginger. Ginger uses increased body heat to burn fat.
- Recent studies have also proved that a dairy rich diet helps to burn more fat than a diet which contains less dairy products. The calcium content is dairy foods is what helps in the fat burning process. The calcium increases the breakdown of fat in fat cells and hence boosts the body’s fat burning process.
Here are a few foods that have been called out specifically for the purpose of burning fat:
These nuts contain the right balance of healthy fat, protein, and fiber, and together they rev your metabolism and keep you feeling satisfied. About 50 pistachios equals one serving, so pop some in a bag and munch when you're feeling snacky.
Capsaicin, the ingredient that gives chili peppers their fiery kick, can also fire up your fat-burning furnace. Order more hot curries and other spicy dishes when you eat out, or just add a tablespoon of chopped chili's to your pizza or soup at home.
You've probably heard the tip to drink water when you're hungry, in case the pangs you're feeling are actually thirst. Well, here's another reason to down the H2O: When you drink ice water, your body actually expends energy, warming the water up to your natural temperature.
Scramble up two eggs for breakfast tomorrow-it's a fat-melting morning meal. Part of the reason is that eggs are loaded with protein (which will keep you feeling full for longer), but also, eating in the a.m. means you end up taking in fewer calories during the day, research shows.
Research suggests that consuming two to four cups of fresh brewed green tea daily can help you burn about an extra 50 calories a day. It's teeming with catechins, nutrients linked to increased metabolism and a smaller waistline.
Calcium consumed in tandem with an amino acid found in dairy products has been shown to burn fat. Consider it a fab excuse to add more yogurt, milk, and cheese to your meal plans. What makes Greek yogurt a standout dairy option is that it has more protein that the regular kind-so you boost the fat-burning benefits.
Remember that starving yourself or skipping meals with an idea of losing weight won’t help in anyway; in fact, it will slow doesn’t the fat burning process. Make sure to eat sensible if you wish to burn all the extra fat in your body.