Tips For Healthy Hair:
1. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL- DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY!
a. At MINIMUM, every other day.
b. Use a dry shampoo. Suave is good for drug store or Big Sexy or Rockoholic. My personal favorite is Oscar Blandi, as you can pour it out rather than spraying it. (I have horrible luck with the spray kind)
c. Wash it properly (shampoo it twice so the shampoo lathers up and gets bubbly and only use the conditioner on the ends of your hair, think pony tail area only otherwise it will make hair appear greasy)
d. Use good products! Get a stylist recommendation. Redken is the best price point and delivers great quality
2. Only brush your hair with the wet brush. It will prevent snagging and breaking/tearing of hair. It’s worth the investment!
3. Hair masks and oil treatments once a week! The best one I have found is Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. It is worth every penny. If you don’t feel like spending the money, go to Sally’s and get treatments as they have the individual usage ones. (you can get more than one use out of them)
a. Shampoo hair twice so it lathers, rinse, towel dry your hair, apply the masque or treatment, make sure you let sit for atleast 10 minutes in a hot shower, have your hair pinned in a bun and rinse with cool water!!
b. Another treatment option, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (yes, the same olive oil found in your kitchen!) heat it up for 15 seconds, put your hair in a pony tail and drench your DRY pony tail with it, put it in a bun or shower cap, and let it sit as long as you want. (I usually do ATLEAST an hour) then shower as normal, using cool water. *I've also heard of people using coconut oil and have had great success with it, I personally have not tried it....YET!
4. Take a Hair, Skin, Nail vitamin or Fish Oil vitamin. (don’t take maternity/prenatal pills as it can cause you to retain water weight!)
5. If you are going to be in the sun or in a tanning bed, cover your hair with a towel or cute hat
a. Keep your hair out of chlorine
b. That’ll also make your color last longer and prevent fading or turning blonde hair funky colors J
6. Don’t flat iron your hair everyday or blow dry it everyday. Also use a heat protect ant when flat ironing your hair (I like the chi iron guard) or before blow drying apply a protectant (I like It’s a 10-seriously works wonders, if you are unfamiliar with it: Google it!)
7. Also-a healthy lifestyle in general will improve the quality of your hair. Drink LOTS of water, you can never drink too much water. Eat fish and any other protein you can. That will build the strength in your hair as well.
An extra tip for growing your hair long· If you are trying to grow your hair long, get a TRIM every 6 months. If you go every 4-6 weeks, you will just cut off any length you grew out, depending on how fast your hair grows. If you take care of your hair, you shouldn’t need so many trims.