Breast milk and its uses
All of the below uses for breast milk or breast milk cures can be used for the whole family…
- Pink eye breast milk (eye infections). You can put a few drops of breast milk into baby’s eyes or any family members who are suffering from pink eye. The breast milk will keep the area clean and will initiate healing. You can do this as often as possible.
- Eye puffiness or redness. Wonderful for removing puffiness and is used just as you would cows milk for the same purpose. Dab on with some cotton wool.
- Opening a stuffy nose. Breast milk is natural and a great alternative to medications which might even make the situation worse. Just squirt a few drops into baby’s nose while he is lying down, then use a bulb to suction the excess out from his nose.
- Sore throats and mouth sores. Swirling some of the breast milk around in the mouth and even gargling with it can help. Even a breastfed baby can be given some breast milk in a cup to rinse out the mouth.
- Eczema and other skin rashes. Breast milk will keep the skin clean and will prevent flare ups. Just apply a layer of breast milk to the area and allow to air dry.
- Dry skin. Using breast milk as a moisturizer.
- Cradle cap. Just apply to baby’s scalp a few times per day.
- Breast milk diaper rash. Using breast milk to treat and prevent normal nappy rash.
- Breast milk ear infections. Squirt a few drops inside the ear for healing and some pain relief. (can be used for infants and grown-ups)
- Insect bites. Rub a small amount on the bite to relieve the itching and promote the healing process.
- Chicken pox. Apply the breast milk on the skin to relieve itching just as you would any other ointment.
- Warts. Apply daily on the wart until it dries up and falls off.
- Treating sore nipples. Putting some breast milk on your nipples can often heal them faster than any over the counter nipple cream. It can also prevent cracking by keeping them supple.
- Immune boost. Older children can be given a glass of breast milk or more everyday to boost their immune systems and keep them from becoming ill.
- Ease cold/flu symptoms. Get over your cold quicker with some liquid gold breast milk. Drink as much as you can.
- Make-up remover. Breast milk can naturally and easily remove eye make-up.
- Skin cleanser. Breast milk will gently cleanse your skin and can prevent acne because of its antibacterial properties.Contact lens solution. If you find yourself without saline solution you can always us a few drops of breast milk, it is sterile and has moisturizing properties.
- Chapped, cracked lips. Breast milk can keep your lips moist for quite some time.
- Donating the extra breast milk. By donating your stored breast milk you could be saving a sick or premature baby that needs breast milk.
- Cuts, scratches, scrapes and burns/sunburns. Apply on the open wound to disinfect the area. Allow to air dry.
- Sexual lubricant. Used the same way you would use any other lubricant like KY Jelly etc. (do not use if you think you might have a yeast infection)
- Leg ulcers. Using breast milk for healing.
- Cooking with breast milk. Many moms have started cooking with their own breast milk. It might seem a bit strange but why not replace a cow’s milk with something much more nutritious and healthy. Google “breast milk recipe” and you can find many interesting recipes. Using expressed breast milk in breast milk recipes, just like you would cow’s milk.
Read the rest at Breast-Feeding.com