Thursday, March 10, 2011
Top 8 Shocking Facts About Skin Cancer
1. About 90% of non-melanoma skin cancer is caused by ultra-violet exposure.
2. One person dies from melanoma almost every hour.
3. Skin cancer accounts for nearly 50% of all cancers combined.
4. More than one million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year.
5. Skin cancer is most deadly for African Americans, Asians, and Latinos.
6. One in Three Caucasians will be diagnosed with skin cancer.
7. Just one bad burn in childhood increases the risk of developing melanoma later.
8. Men are diagnosed with skin cancer more often than women.
Instead of having to apply sun block The Sun Protection Zone has a few items for purchase that can be worn to protect against sun burn and skin cancer. Sun Protection Zone offers items for boys, girls and adults. I was offered the Boys Long Sleeve Suit in 'Flame' to test and review. Considering Aiden's only six month and he hasn't been exposed to much sunlight yet I have a world full of opportunities to protect him from the violent rays in his child hood. The sun protection outfits offered are stylish and adorable -- let alone life saving. For as little as $12.00 you can purchase a hat to protect your child from the sun. And for $25 you can purchase this adorable water suit! While putting Aiden in the suit I noticed it has cute little 'plastic' buttons around the crotch area to give mothers and fathers a little extra help changing the child.
I would definitely give this company five out of five stars as I have family members and I'm sure everyone of you reading this knows someone affected by skin cancer.