According to online retailer zulily, sales data shows purchases for adult costumes have increased 41% from 2014 to 2015. Additionally, nearly one-third of adults aged 25-34 said they plan to dress up for Halloween this year, according to a recent survey*. That’s more than their 18-24 year old counterparts, in which only one in four said they were dressing up this year.
Based on zulily sales data and a recent survey, here are some of the top adult costumes for 2015:· Movie/TV characters: It’s no surprise Princess Leia and Minions were the top picks, both franchises have new installments coming out this year.
· Superheroes: Girl power reigns supreme with WonderWoman and CatWoman as the top picks.
· Disney Characters: Both the classic Snow White and Frozen’s Anna and Elsa were at the top of the list.
· Prince William and Kate were ranked the top choice for costume inspiration for couple’s this year.
· Star Wars was cited as the top overall movie choice for costume inspiration this year
· The Walking Dead was the top TV show choice for costume inspiration. Season 6 premiered October 11th.