The Canary Indoor Wireless High-Definition All-In-One Home Security device helps keep your home safe and sound with motion detection notifications, a 90+ dB siren and HomeHealth Technology. It learns the cadence of your home so it can send you accurate notifications with fewer false alarms triggered by pets or other regular activity in your house.
In 2010, I gave birth to my one and only child and three months later the inevitable happened.
We left town to visit family and upon entering we realized someone had not only broke into our home but stole some of our belongings. As a new month I was terrified and had issues adjusting to the fact that someone uninvited knew my home inside and out and could not only do this once but could do this yet again. For years, I've contemplated on purchasing a security system. BestBuy, offered to send the Canary Home Security System along with a Netgear NightHawk R7300 Router for review. Let me tell you, at times I'm dumbfounded by technology and I figured I would need to take advantage of the FREE Geek Squad Live Help. Surprisingly, setting up the router as well as the Canary were a breeze and non-stressful. Can you believe it? I didn't even have to reach out for help. If you are in the market and debating on which brand or style to purchase definitely check this out and see how easy it is and comforting to own.
· Easy to set up: just place the Canary in a central location, plug it in and connect to your Wi-Fi
· Stream live video from your home anytime: Canary's free mobile app let you see what's happening from anywhere with your iPhone® or Android smartphone
· Capture everything: vivid HD 1080p resolution allows you to see small details on your screen, the 147° field of view which lets see more with minimal blind spots, and infrared night vision lets you see in the dark – you can keep an eye up to 20' away when there's little to no light
· The device is a great way to check in on kids or caregivers. If the device is set to “Arm,” you'll receive a notification when someone arrives in your home. Use the “Watch Live” feature to check on everything from homework being done to house rules are being followed
· Gives you a complete picture of what’s going on at home, it puts you in control of how to react when something goes wrong.
o Canary is the only solution with a 90+ decibel siren and a localized emergency call feature, which lets you contact authorities close to home from anywhere in the world
o Notifications keep you informed: receive movement-detection notifications that contain recorded footage and give you the options to watch live or sound the 90+ dB siren
o Since the March 2015 launch, nearly 75 known burglaries, home invasions, caretaker abuse and other emergency situations have been captured by Canary, resulting in multiple arrests
· Canary's HomeHealth feature lets you know if the temperature and air quality of the home is safe and comfortable – you can monitor the air quality, temperature and humidity in your home from almost anywhere Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included – new and exclusively at Best Buy.
This is a brand new router that was exclusively developed between Netgear, an industry leader in the networking world, and Best Buy, to help provide consumers with an easy, all-in-one solution to support their home’s connected devices. As the number of Wi-Fi dependent products increase in a home – the average US household has 7 “connected devices” – from smart phones (often several in a home), to tablets, to laptops, to computers, and Wi-Fi printers, this puts a strain on the home’s network, especially the router. With the interest in online gaming and 4k TVs, connected devices such as smart thermostats, plus the need to stream shows from Netflix or hulu, it places even more demands on the network. Many households may experience slow Wi-Fi, dropped calls, or experience “dead zones” – which could be improved upon with an “AC” router, Wi-Fi extenders and expert help.
· The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones.
· This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming
· See additional fact sheets for both the Router and DST adapter
· Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year.
· The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
Product; Canary Indoor Wireless High-Definition All-In-One Home Security System
($249.99), Netgear Router ($299.99)
All posts must include the following disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free