As Football season officially kick-off tonight, what better way to wow your family and friends then with Terra’s Kitchen recipe for Beer-Infused Game Day Mustard. So easy, that the most uncoordinated chef can prepare, and healthy enough for your most conscious of friends, this fewer than 5 calorie condiment will have your taste buds rooting for more. Combining the tangy flavor mustard is known for with everyone’s most loved adult beverage, this condiment is great to add on burgers, hotdogs and more.
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup beer (we like a pale lager)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- In a medium metal or pyrex mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, turmeric and beer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add enough water to come up the sides 2-inches and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients to the mustard mixture and set over the pan of simmering water.
- Cook, whisking constantly until the mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before transferring to a jar with a lid and refrigerating.
- TK Beer-Infused Game Day Mustard keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks.