Last year, Amazon introduced Fire HD Kids Edition at $149—and parents and kids alike loved it.
Today, Amazon is making it even more affordable—Fire Kids Edition comes with an all-new Fire tablet, an updated kid-proof case, one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, 20,000 hand-curated and age-appropriate websites and YouTube videos, and our same 2-year worry-free guarantee. Fire Kids Edition is a total value of over $200, and available for pre-order starting today for just $99.99.
Fire Kids Edition is built around three ideas:
1. Despite best intentions, kids break things—Fire Kids Edition comes with a kid-proof case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee—if they break it, send it back and we’ll replace it. No questions asked.
2. Parents don’t want to worry about the bill—Fire Kids Edition includes access to over 20,000 age-appropriate websites and YouTube videos, plus a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which offers more than 10,000 books, videos, educational apps, and games—a 2x increase in selection from last year—that have been curated for age-appropriateness—at no additional cost.
3. Kids want a real tablet, not a toy—Fire Kids Edition features a quad-core processor for great performance, front- and rear-facing cameras, up to 128GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot, and access to Amazon’s unmatched content ecosystem.
“Last year, we introduced the first tablet built from the ground up for kids and their parents—and customers loved it,” said Peter Larsen, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “With the new Fire Kids Edition we’ve added more great content and features for parents and kids while lowering the price. For under $100 you get a new Fire tablet, a year of FreeTime Unlimited with over 10,000 books, videos, educational apps, and games, a new web browser with access to more than 20,000 age-appropriate YouTube videos and websites, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee.”
Amazon FreeTime, the innovative parental controls that encourage learning before play and that help manage kids’ screen time, is now even better with a kid-friendly web browser that provides kids with controlled access to over 20,000 hand-curated, age-appropriate YouTube videos and websites. Kids can dive into this content immediately with no set up or extra costs. Websites are selected using a combination of the expertise of Common Sense Media and Amazon experts—every website and video is reviewed by the Amazon FreeTime team to ensure it is appropriate for kids. Parents can also add additional websites if they choose to. The new FreeTime web browser will be available via a free, over-the-air Fire OS update later this year.
Fire Kids Edition also includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-in-one subscription service that gives kids unlimited access to over 10,000 books, videos, educational apps, and games. The books, apps, music, and video selection in FreeTime Unlimited has doubled in just the last year, and all of the content is kid-friendly and age-appropriate. Kids can now enjoy new titles available from Disney, LEGO,Nickelodeon, Amazon Studios, Toca Boca, and other top brands, and they join popular kids’ favorites like Frozen Storybook Deluxe, Star Wars Rebels, Dora the Explorer, and SpongeBob SquarePants.
Customers love using the Kids Edition tablets—here’s what they have to say:
- “We got this for our almost 6 year old son. He LOVES games and would play for hours if you let him. But Ah HA! Way to go Kindle Freetime! I love the settings on this item. It makes me so happy that it turns off after the time that I assign for him. I am impressed with the amount of games and books and even movies/shows that are on the freetime subscription. Compared to the iPad, its perfect bc I don't have to download all these apps. They are already there! I am glad that it has the warrantee. Overall VERY HAPPY child. VERY happy Momma! :) And it will be the gift that keeps giving, as when my other kids are older, we can get the family subscription instead of the single child. WIN!” – Kelsey
- “Purchased this for my 2 year [old] and by far this was the best thing ever. He is able to watch all his favorite PBS Kids shows andAmazon Originals during his nap time or when we are going on long trips. I also love that he has a ton of free books to read from (which I read to him before bed since he can't read at 2 years old). He also has a selection of appropriate age kids games thanks to Kindle Free Time.” – Cris
- “This is amazing for our 6 year old! We love that it can grow with him too! The parental controls are amazing, and really allow you to customize what you child is doing. I was worried about him doing too many games and videos, but we have been able to make it so that the majority of his time is spent reading!” – Mariah
- “As parents of a 8 and 10 year old we were thrilled with the parental controls. We can control how long they play. When it shuts down in its place are other options for them like reading a book or play an educational game. Love it!!” – Jacqueline
- "We got this for our two kids to share and they absolutely love it! So does their father. Everyone has their own “profile” with their own set of videos, books and games. Although mom hasn’t had much of a chance to use it yet with everyone else clamoring for it, I do love the fact that I can set up bedtimes/wake up times for each of the kids. Being able to set learning/reading goals for them to meet before they can play is wonderful as well.” – Momathome
The Fire Family
Fire Kids Edition is $99.99, and will start shipping on September 30—order at www.amazon.com/FireKET.
In addition to Fire Kids Edition, Amazon also today introduced the new Fire, Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets, and the all-new Amazon Fire TV. To read the press release about the new Fire tablet, visit www.amazon.com/fire-pr. To read about the new Fire HD tablets, visitwww.amazon.com/fire-tv-pr. To read about the new Fire TV, visit www.amazon.com/fire-tv-pr.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.